The Power Poses-Authenticity Connection
What’s the Power Poses-Authenticity Connection?
By now, Amy Cuddy’s research and TED talk are well known among many business people. What interests me is the connection between using power poses and how that physical action allows us to be more ourselves. Cuddy captured the idea perfectly when speaking to youth at a shelter, as reported by the New York Times:
This is why I advocate power poses before networking events as part of the Certified Authentic Networker program. Useful for men and women, introverts or extroverts, and no matter what our mindset prior to the action, power poses increase our ability to be comfortable and therefore more genuine.
If you’ve experienced the benefits of power poses, please share your story!
What Else Can You Do?
- Learn more about how to leverage power poses for networking; join us for the next training session.
- Get more tips for networking authentically, as well as upcoming training sessions, by joining our mailing list or updating your preferences after entering your email address, which will ensure you get the most relevant information.
- A New Way to Network in Phoenix
- The Problem with “How to Network” Advice
- The Importance of Authenticity in Networking
- Networks with a Shared Purpose
You Might Also Like . . .